Here we grow again… this time with the Pro Grow LED® 260 Modular LED grow light
Over the last several weeks we tested out the new Pro Grow LED® 260 Modular, LED grow light from Hydroponicshut. As you may know, my rules for a testing almost anything when it comes to grow are fairly simple, I go with the bare minimum of care. Not to say I neglect the plants, but I don’t give them any special treatment, no supplements, no CO2, just the base treatment I feel a novice grower might with as they are gaining their knowledge. This way we can see in a normal scenario how well thing should go on an average.
For nutrients, we used the Earth Juice line, following the “advanced chart”.
The soil used was Recipe 420 from E.B. Stone Organics, which is a little less expensive than Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and I have to say seems to be more stable over the course of 8-11 weeks.
The Pro Grow LED® 260 Modular Key Specs
• Dimensions: 25″ long x 13″ wide x 3¨ deep
• Power Consumption: 275w (full spectrum mode)
• MCPCB (Metal Core Printed Circuit Board) for the best heat dissipation available)
Key Features (read more »)
- Enhanced X3 modular secondary lens system for 2014 increases canopy penetration by up to 30%
- Simplified at home repair. There´s no need to open the lamp case to change power supplies. Simply unscrew, unplug and replace if necessary.
- Modular power management system using independent heat sinks per module for increased reliability.
- Selective Switch enabled for the most cost efficient operation possible. Three seperate modes of growing incorporated into one unit.
- Indicator light built into each individual module helps to detect problems easily.
- Overall light footprint width has been increased to allow for increased coverage area.
By the first week, bloom was in motion…