on June 24, 2015 at 2:18 PM, updated June 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM
As of July 1st, it will be legal for Oregonians 21 and older to possess marijuana products for recreational use. But before you whip up a batch of magic brownies, make sure you’re within the limits of the law.
Here’s a quick overview of marijuana product possession limits:
- Marijuana flower – Up to 8 oz per household and up to 1 oz in public
- Solid edibles – Up to 16 oz
- Liquid edibles – Up to 72 oz
- Concentrates/extracts – Up to 1 oz
- Topicals/salves – Up to 16 oz
To get an idea of what each quantity looks like, watch Pure Green marijuana dispensary owner, Matt Walstatter, explain in the video above.
You won’t be able to legally buy recreational cannabis at any of Oregon’s 300 dispensaries until late 2016. But if you have friends who can share – not sell – you marijuana products, make sure you’re aware of the legal details.