It’s been a long while since we’ve bloomed out any autoflower varieties, from previous experience with Dinafem’s Cheese Autoflower strains (in the pic above), so Auto Seed’s “Purple Cheese” strain sounded like a good fit. Here is the write up on it:
Purple Cheese is a specially created autoflowering cross of Purple #1, Blue Cheese and Auto #1 (Lowryder/Ruderalis). The addition of the Ruderalis and Purple #1 has allowed us to reduce the overpowering cheese odour whilst maintaining a tight, compact flower structure. Purple Cheese is considered more indica than sativa thanks to the dominant Cheese genetics and delivers a strong, classic intense body stone. High levels of CBD will make this strain a contender for medicinal use. There is a slight fruity taste to the smoke with musty overtones of the original Cheese. Purple Cheese can develop blue/purple hues in both buds and leaves and colder night time temperatures will make the purple more vibrant and extensive. This autoflowering strain should stay in the range of 50-80cm in height, making it ideal for balcony, closets or places where space is tight, or concealment is necessary.
Harvest: 60-80 days from seed
Stone: Intense body stone
Lighting – LED grow Light
Pro Grow LED® (PG260 Modular) Product Specifications (www.hydroponicshut.com):
- Dimensions: 25″ long x 13″ wide x 3¨ deep
- Power Consumption: 275w (full spectrum mode)
- MCPCB (Metal Core Printed Circuit Board) for the best heat dissipation available.
- Cord Length: 5 ft (1.55 meters)
- 2 x heavy duty, 75 pound adjustable hanging systems included with each order.
- Ability to link up to 3 units via on board series connection (linking cable included with all multi-unit purchases)
- Operates on both 110v – 220v power configurations on the go. EU, UK and North American power configurations compatible.
- Detachable power cable. Operate your Pro Grow LED® on any power configuration in the world, Simply change out the power cable.
- International plugs included with all models based upon buyer location.
- Weight: 16 lbs (Shipped weight 17 pounds)
Soil & Nutrients
- Fox Farm blend soils
- Hydro-Organics, Earth Juice “Original Formula” organic nutrients
I really wanted to focus on a really great indoor grow light and what I think got overshadowed by a slew of great releases by Hydroponics Hut, the Pro Grow 260 Modular LED grow light.
We’ve done a previous journal with the Pro Grow 260 Modular that really didn’t do it justice, so for the next 8 – 10 weeks we’ll document out how this live grow goes!
For a lamp in the sub 300 watt class, the Pro Grow 260 Modular’s output is intense to warrant to keeping it 24″+ above young starts, especially if you should choose to run dual spectra.
Perhaps my only “con”, and it may not even be justified, but it’s the placement of the Veg/Bloom lenses. When running in single mode.. i.e., Veg only or bloom only. Visually the light placement causes intense spots & dark spots on canopies.
Granted veg/bloom diodes dispersed evenly, within each circular light cell would no no doubt cost more and I can’t really say if it would justify the effort or cost to do so.
So here we are at the end of the post, but the start of week 1 from seed, on our reboot of Pro Grow 260 Modular – LED Grow Light review with Purple Cheese Autoflower…
Check back soon for videos & pics of the grow as it progresses!
your humble narrator – http://www.growmedical420.com