Saturday – Day 87 from seed, day 45 of bloom…
Yesterday as I was opening the the tent to inspect the plants I noticed a piece of debris on a leaf of the frontmost plant. On closer inspection I realized it was a dried, fully bloomed & detached male flower.
I carefully extracted the pollen factory with a drop of soapy water & a cotton swab. At all outward appearances I couldn’t find any signs of male flowers on any of the plants. A few seeds starting on Low-Right (one of the small sativa-like ones), but not much else. If you see one male flower there are others! But where?
Sunday – Day 88 from seed, day 46 of bloom…
Sadly this morning, during the reservoir change, my girlfriend discovered that Top-Right, the second sativa-like plant was spotted with seeds throughout its right side. Though I could find no male flowers on her, or any of the others, I decided to pull her. I theorized, based on the seed disbursal pattern as the plants on the left showed seeding only on 2 clusters (the two nearest Top-Right), that Top-Right was the pollinator. It’s really sad because she was the most trichome coated of the group and was just at least 3 weeks out from primetime.
As to the others, best we can hope, based on a close inspection, is that they are fine.
Most of the buds on Top-Left appear nearly mature, a week, two tops to harvest, trichomes are clouding up, there are a few seeds on 2 smaller tops.
Low-Right has obvious seeds forming, not too bad though, she’s still 3-4 weeks away from harvest.
Low-Left is plugging away, doing the bees she can with her cramped space, no seeds found on her. 2-3 weeks tops till she’s prime.
Top-Mid, consists of 1 main top, 1 smaller top and small lower clusters, 2-3 weeks tops till she’s prime.
Top-RIght was my favorite all along, but I had to cull her as she was seeded & a pollinator.